This position involves working in a team environment that greatly values their corporate culture. Some of the key values of this organization are quality relationships, leadership, and accountability. The grass roots level that they operate at provides a personalized service to customers. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, apply now!
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Administration Manager
Location: Surrey, BC
Relevant Experience: 2-5 years
- Act as first point of contact with all vendors regarding payment
- Effectively communicate and liaise with vendors and Operations departments to resolve all A/P inquiries and discrepancies.
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Review and monitor A/P aging.
- Call or email vendors for their invoice and back up documents (POD / BOL) to speed up the invoicing process.
- Manage weekly cheque runs — produces and reviews cheques, EFTs and other electronic payments plus prepare vendor cheques for mailing.
- Print and prepare documents for scanning, either manually or paperless.
- Review vendor submitted documents including BOL / POD making sure the documents received match the enterprise transportation management system and resolve any discrepancies. Identify relevant reference numbers from the invoice to the enterprise transportation management system, review agreed to rates and vendor information
- Prepare documents for the billing process, making sure AR and AP balance to GL codes making any necessary adjustments with respect to receivables and payables accounts.
- Label documents and scan to the enterprise transportation management system and then distribute documents.
- Once invoices have been checked, update billing, accrual and audit registers making sure all information is correct and GL distribution is accurate.
- Input invoice information, upload documents and process invoicing through external customer portals.
Mandatory Qualifications & Skills
- Attention to detail is paramount.
- Two to five years’ experience in invoicing and accounts payables.
- Transportation experience in trucking or logistics is a plus.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills are required on a daily basis.
- A desire to learn and continuously improve.